I've had just 5 paying clients....
1. who fired me after the 3rd session
2. who I had to track down for a $150 payment
3. who I'm not even coaching just doing design edits
4. was 1 of 2 people signed up from my All About Opt-ins course in March
5. my dream client, Michele Julian (who was my practice client in coach training), who said she'll never ever work with another coach because what comes out of my mouth is like gold.... or that I'm the only person in her life that doesn't tell her what to do or not to do.... or that our coaching sessions are pure magic...
I GET IT, I've also been on the floor crying buckets wondering
• when is this coaching business ever going to take off!?
• where the hell are all these clients I know I'm meant to serve
• why do I even want to be a coach it's so hard and I wanted easy!
• how much do I have to envision/vision/manifest before it "works" and the worst
• why did I buy courses like I was playing a damn slot machine... 2k pull, 2k pull, 2k pull.....
• how could me trying to get us ahead get us so behind
My husband looked at me and said when are you ever going to make some money from this coaching stuff (and stop spending it)!?
2 months later I manifested my VA, photographer and website designer and 2 months after that I launched my website with my new offers which was awesome, but still wasn't bringing home any bacon.
Since I spent all of 2015 waiting for my 10k month (and by waiting I mean I didn't really have a strategic plan other than selling my ever changing coaching packages). I was enrolled in 4 group programs and worked 5 months with 1-1 coaches. I only did 3 list (successful but small) building activities. I was ALL over the place yet really getting no where fast. So I blamed it on "the sales call"... FYI...
My sales conversion rate is 0%!!!!
Ok, now you know a little about me and why I'm qualified to tell you why YOU aren't making any money honey ;)
So Q1 wasn't as productive monetarily as I wanted it to be....
• my grammie passed away in Feb (want to blog about that because my mom now things I can add "death doula" do my coaching toolbelt)
• march I went on a relaxing 7 day cruise with my hubby
• my iMac almost DIED and I was computerless for 2 weeks
I was sucking myself into my own little pity party. I knew I had to make a shift but I wasn't sure what it was. I was feeling like something was "off" with my messaging. And when you're message is "off" it's really hard to tell people how you can help them or know if you even can.
I could choose to feel like a failure, a fraud, a looser it would be so easy to say. YEP, that didn't work back to selling bags for the rest of my life. Don't get me wrong I love my other business but I really don't want to be 80 years old and still booking thirty-one parties!!!
But I choose differently.
I'm so proud of where I have come from. Those days as a "newborn" online I didn't know ANYTHING. I was so overwhelmed, confused, frazzled, paralyzed, it was the worst but I persevered.
According to this article 90% of online business fail within the first 4 months. Which I believe. Quitters never win and winners never quit!
But there was ONE thing I was missing.
A PLAN FOR PROFIT AKA MY "AUTHENTIC MARKETING PLAN"
At first I thought it was my sales conversations so I spent several months educating myself on them and getting coached, but I think the real gap is I didn't have a "Sexy Signature Offer" as I call it, that I could really stand behind 1000% -- because while I do have such an offer it's going to take a really special client to rise up to it. And if you're curious and feeling like now is your time to go big or go home -- email me we can talk about it. So I had to ask myself...
Who exactly do I help?
How do I help them?
And then I had a coaching call with my mentor, Jenny and it all clicked. She said "girl, you need to have faith and hustle!" And my first thought was that's a great name for my podcast. And she encouraged me to switch my biz model from just coaching to a full service marketing agency model which I LOVE and totally resonated with me!
Which is awesome now what?
I need a plan.
And what does every plan need?
It needs action!!!!
P.S. I have this coaching dialog in my head a lot... do you?
So I picked up my computer friday, plugged it in saturday (as much as I tried to wait to monday) and went to work. I asked myself....
What's one thing I can do today to move my biz forward?
BAM! That summit I've always wanted to do!!!
Ok, well first I need to ask my mentors if I can interview them and then that became like a 10 step process (yes, I'm documenting it and will share when it's all done). And Saturday I sent 19 emails and held my breath.
• What if they don't want to talk to me?
• What if I'm not "big" enough for them to contribute to my audience?
• What if they think I'm just trying to get them to pimp me to their list?
• What if they're too busy?
And that mean girl in my head was starting to get rowdy and I had to tell her to shut up because I'm going to be a 2%er! I'm going to do the work that most people aren't willing to do and I'm going to make this business work because I am. And I'm going to get to the bottom of how people REALLY build an empire online. The ones who are walking the talk now but can remember their "crying on the floor can I really do this moment", and I'm going to share it with you!
So I decided on the name "Faith • Heart • Hustle" and it will debut in June. And even more exciting is that yesterday my first 2 bad-ass business building mamas said yes and booked their interview. Just got another one today, make that 3!!!!
So that's what happened when I canceled my pity party for 1 and made a plan and got into ACTION. I'd love to help you do the same!
This my friend is why YOU are stuck.
You are standing there having a pity party for yourself and when you do that you're not taking action, not having faith, not listening to your heart, just the mean girl in your head.